Day Camp Counsellor
The Day Camp Counsellor will be responsible for assisting the Day Camp Coordinator with the operation of the FoLFG Day Camp program, including ensuring its effective and cohesive operation on a day-to-day-basis, and camper wellness.
- Assist with securing required supplies
- Help with the set-up of the North side of the Men’s House
- Orient all campers to the site and to the camp rules on the first day
- Assist with daily clean-up of all program areas
- Assist the Day Camp Coordinator to implement all day camp activities
- Adhere to and support all camp policies and procedures as detailed in the Staff Manual
- Support all volunteers
- Aid the Day Camp Coordinator in the resolution of concerns that may arise with campers
- Report all accidents/incidents and program concerns to the Day Camp Coordinator
- Assist, as necessary, the creation of the Final Report detailing the summer’s progress/success, making any recommendations for next season and any other constructive comments. The Final Report should include a detailed inventory of supplies.
- Assist with documenting and tracking relevant forms and costume loans.
- Communicate with parents when required
- Ensure parents and campers fill out an evaluation form before leaving on Friday afternoon, and include all forms in the Final Report
First Aid, Medication
- Tend to general first aid incidents and resultant documentation
- Be familiar with the procedures to follow in case of emergency
- Keep a copy of all camper documents with them at all times, and ensure original copies are accessible in either the Gift Shop or in the FoLFG office
- Have up-to-date First Aid Certification and CPR Certification from an accredited and recognized source [not a requirement, but a desired qualification]
- Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Starting wage: $11.25 per hour
For all positions, please review the requirements and send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.