The Friends of Lower Fort Garry is a registered charity and non-profit organization created to directly support Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site. Our passionate group of volunteers seeks out independent and collaborative partnerships with LFGNHS while nurturing positive relationships with the community of Selkirk, the Interlake, and the greater Winnipeg area. Some examples of these partnerships are: the Stone Fort Trading Company gift shop, programming such as the Adventurer’s Day Camp, seasonal events, and much more.
The Friends of Lower Fort Garry are committed to promoting Canada’s natural and cultural heritage through awareness, educational and sensory experiences.
- Give Canadians the opportunity to support, enhance, and enjoy Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site
- Build heritage awareness among Canadians
- Work with Parks Canada to raise awareness, strengthen and increase the support of our national historic site, Lower Fort Garry
- Help protect and enhance Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site, now and through the future
- Raise funds to carry out the mission
With sound human resources and revenue management decisions, we will strive to strengthen the interpretation and preservation of Lower Fort Garry through the delivery of quality experiential products and services.