Day Camp Coordinator
The Day Camp Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination, operation and support of the FoLFG Day Camp program, ensuring its effective and cohesive operation on a day-to-day-basis; the training, support and supervision of all staff and volunteers; camper wellness and the administering of medications and first aid where/when applicable.
- Create a week-long program of activities and submit the detailed plan to the FoLFG Board of Directors prior to the commencement of camp.
- Identify and secure required resources and supplies and set-up building
- Orient all campers to the site and to the camp rules on the first day
- Coordinate daily clean-up of all program areas
- Meet with the Director of Day Camp to discuss and evaluate the success of the program at least twice (once before August 3rd, once before September 3rd)
- Directly implement all day camp activities with the assistance of the Day Camp Counsellor(s)
- Ensure high levels of staff morale by providing mentorship and support to the Day Camp Counsellor(s) and monitor and support the Day Camp Counsellor(s) to ensure that the FoLFGs objectives and mission are met
- Adhere to and support all camp policies and procedures as detailed in the Staff Manual
- Oversee and support all volunteers
- Actively participate in the resolution of concerns that may arise within the team or with campers
- Ensure that the Director of Day Camp is notified of any concerns as they arise
First Aid, Medication
- Collect, secure and document medications from campers, and ensure delivery of medications appropriately and on-schedule.
- Organize and monitor first aid supplies and replenish when necessary
- Tend to general first aid incidents and resultant documentation
- Be familiar with the procedures to follow in case of emergency
- Keep a copy of all camper documents with them at all times, and ensure original copies are accessible in either the Gift Shop or in the FoLFG office
- Have up-to-date First Aid Certification and CPR Certification from an accredited and recognized source
- Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Starting wage: $12 per hour